Sterling File Gateway is an application for transferring files between partners by using different protocols, conventions for naming files, and file formats. Sterling File Gateway uses the Sterling B2B foundation, which includes IBM® Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling Standards, and the Sterling platform. The capabilities that are delivered are similar to the features found in Advanced File Transfer and IBM Sterling Connect:Enterprise® for UNIX, plus new functionality.
Use Sterling File Gateway for movement of large and high-volume file transfers, with end-to-end visibility of file movement in a process-oriented and highly-scalable framework. This framework alleviates file transfer challenges, such as protocol and file brokering, automation, and data security.
Sterling File Gateway supports integration with:
- Sterling B2B Integrator Mailbox
- IBM Sterling Control Center
- IBM Sterling Secure Proxy
- IBM Sterling Connect:Direct® for UNIX server products
- Sterling Connect:Direct
Sterling File Gateway, which is delivered on the Sterling B2B Integrator platform with a unique application URL, provides single sign-on access to the Sterling B2B Integrator administrative console through menu selection.
- File/File name Transformations – Mapping of input to output file names; system-wide, group, and partner-specific policies; common file processing tasks such as compression/decompression, PGP encryption/decryption, and signing.
- File Transfer Visibility – Events are recorded for monitoring and reporting; detailed tracking for input-output file structure processing and dynamic route determination; ability to view and filter Sterling File Gateway data flows for all users.
- Replay/Redeliver – One click replay/redeliver capability that allows users to reprocess a transmission from the beginning or to resend just the processed file to a specific delivery destination.
- Notifications – Partners and operators can subscribe to be notified about events by email.
- Predefined business processes – Define common behaviours in file-transfer scenarios, reducing the need for customization.
- Extensibility – Custom event codes, protocols, facts, and consumer identification policies can be added to support unique scenarios.
- Broad Communications Protocol Support – FTP, FTP/S, SSH/SFTP, SSH/SCP, and Sterling Connect:Direct® are supported upon installation, and additional protocols (such as AS2, AS3, or Odette FTP) may be configured through use of the extensibility feature.
- Partner Interface (myFileGateway) – Web browser-based interface that enables partners to upload/download files, subscribe to notifications of events, manage passwords, search and view file transfer activity, and generate reports about file transfer activity.
- Flexible Mailbox Structures – Ability to specify mailbox structures that leverage pattern matching policies and specify attributes that must be true of all partners or a subset of partners
- Dynamic Routing – Consumer derived at run-time, either through mailbox structure, file name, business process-derived consumer name, or map-derived consumer name.
- Partner Onboarding – Easy-to-use graphical user interface to onboard partners and configure the various combinations of communication protocols to enable Sterling File Gateway operations.